The healthy chocolate you actually can eat
About this chocolate as healthy options
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 2-4 tablespoons raw honey or stevia to taste
- 1 pinch natural mineral salt
- Toppings of your choice: raw macadamias, goji berries, tart cherries….
You will also need
- Small sauce pan
- Lined slice pan or tray
- Freezer space
- Warm the coconut oil and almond butter in a small pot over low heat.
- Stir through cacao powder, sweetener, and salt.
- Adjust sweetness to taste. This will vary with the quality of cacao used and natural sweetness of the nut butter.
- Pour into a lined baking tray aiming for roughly 0.5-1 cm thickness. Sprinkle with toppings as desired. Some toppings will sink through the liquid chocolate, if this happens you can let is semi set for 10 minutes before adding the toppings.
- Freeze until solid.
- When set, break into chunks and store in an airtight container in the freezer.